Friday, May 31, 2013

How Many Moves Do I have Left?


As we house-hunted in Mason City for our 14th move in married life, I wanted the right floor plan.  In previous moves I haven’t felt all that picky thinking that there is always a next house.   This time I was looking for a master bedroom and bath and laundry on the first floor.  Regrettably it didn’t happen.  We ended up with a home much like the home we will move out of in Storm Lake….with bedrooms on the second floor and laundry in the lower level!  On the upside….I need to stay fit and up and down stairs daily will help!

With this move comes territory I haven’t negotiated.  We move without jobs and hence that way to meet people.  We move without children and hence that way to meet people.  We move without a welcoming parish and hence that way to meet people.  As we move to Mason City there are 6 ELCA churches in Mason City and Clear Lake and I’ve never chosen a church to join.  I know I’m not alone many others have negotiated the same things.

And so I wonder how many moves do I have left?

No comments:

Post a Comment