Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Feb 11, 2011

A week later there were fewer cans just one pickup load instead of 1 ½ loads.  I’m again decked out in clean red coat and hat.  The HyVee wine and spirits manager has extra boxes for the glass bottles. As I’m bringing the load home on business 71 one bag of Mountain Dew plastic bottles blows out.  I turn the corner, turn around, drive about a block and park.  By now the bag has been hit by a car….and the 6 bottles are blowing around.  I wait and wait for a traffic break and make a mad dash…of course it is pick one up, one blows, grab another…and a semi is coming….we make eye contact , he grins and stops and I proceed my bottle dance finally gathering all 6 including one fully flattened.  I wave and call out thanks and traffic proceeds!  I never did find the plastic grocery bag!  Because it is melting, the coat is dirty!  This time it took 2 hours.  I’m getting better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment