Monday, August 26, 2013

Camp with the Grands



Last March or April it seemed like a good idea to invite the three perfect grandchildren to go to family camp at Lutheran Lakeside with us- Babu and Bibi/Halmoni.

Having just moved two weeks before camp I must admit that the Sunday we were to go I was questioning my sanity…and then by Monday one of the perfect grands asked “could we do this next year?”  I’m glad we went!

Our tree house cabin (no water no electricity) by choice was Abednego (as in Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego) with four sets of bunks.  The two youngest picked the top bunks and the others of us bottom bunks.  I’d gotten each grand a flashlight and headlight .  The shower house was a good hike away although we did have a port-a- potty nearby!

We were “short-termers” and stayed until Tuesday evening.  We sang, hiked, studied the Bible, enjoyed campfire, swam every day, went tubing, used the challenge course, made new friends and were reacquainted with others.  45 years ago Mike and I honeymooned there!...We worked the whole summer of 1968.  Mike for his third season and I for my second.  Lutheran Lakeside is a memory keeper!
Children's Worship Under the Tree

1 comment:

  1. wow! the trees have grown. I worked there in the summer of '64 for 2 weeks and for the entire summer in '65. We swam in the lagoon and all the trees were about shoulder high. Good times. Mike Zolnosky and Ron Mohr both worked there that summer too. They both became Iowa Lutheran pastors. Did you ever run into them. Ron was in Des Moines area and Mike was in Iowa Falls at one time.

    ReplyDelete